1. Which of the following is unique to the thumb?
a. gliding joint b. hinge joint c. saddle joint d. condyloid joint e. pivot joint
2. Which of the following is the least movable?
a. diarthrosis b. synarthrosis c. symphysis d. syndesmosis e. condyloid joint
3. Which of the following movements are unique to the foot?
a. dorsiflexion and inversion b. elevation and depression c. circumduction and rotation d. abduction and adduction e. opposition and reposition
4. Which of the following joints cannot be circumducted?
a. carpometacarpal b. metacarpophalangeal c. humeroscapular d. coxal e. interphalangeal
5. Which of the following terms denotes a general condition that includes the other four?
6. In the adult, the ischium and pubis are united by a. a synchondrosis.
b. a diarthrosis.
c. a synostosis.
d. an amphiarthrosis.
e. a symphysis.
7. In a second-class lever, the effort a. is applied to the end opposite the fulcrum.
b. is applied to the fulcrum itself.
c. is applied between the fulcrum and resistance.
d. always produces an MA less than 1.0.
e. is applied on one side of the fulcrum to move a resistance on the other side.
8. Which of the following joints has anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments?
a. the shoulder b. the elbow c. the hip d. the knee e. the ankle
9. To bend backward at the waist involves _of the vertebral column.
a. rotation b. hyperextension c. dorsiflexion d. abduction e. flexion
10. The rotator cuff includes the tendons of all of the following muscles except a. the subscapularis.
b. the supraspinatus.
c. the infraspinatus.
d. the biceps brachii.
e. the teres minor.
11. The lubricant of a diarthrosis is
12. A fluid-filled sac that eases the movement of a tendon over a bone is called a/an .
joint allows one bone to swivel on another.
14 ._is the science of movement.
15. The joint between a tooth and the mandible is called a/an_.
16. In a_suture, the articulating bones have interlocking wavy margins, somewhat like a dovetail joint in carpentry.
17. In kicking a football, what type of action does the knee joint exhibit?
18. The angle through which a joint can move is called its_.
20. The femur is prevented from slipping sideways off the tibia in part by a pair of cartilages called the lateral and medial_.
Was this article helpful?
It's time for a change. Finally A Way to Get Pain Relief for Your Arthritis Without Possibly Risking Your Health in the Process. You may not be aware of this, but taking prescription drugs to get relief for your Arthritis Pain is not the only solution. There are alternative pain relief treatments available.