1. Which of the following opioids has an analgesically active metabolite?
2. Which of the following statements about celecoxib is true?
(A) It irreversibly acetylates the COX-2 enzyme.
(B) It inhibits both the inducible and constitutive COX-2 enzyme.
(C) It produces no GI bleeding.
(D) It is indicated only for the disease, osteoarthritis.
(E) It increases healing of GI ulcers.
3. Morphine produces an analgesic effect due to
(A) A block of potassium efflux from a neuron
(B) An increase in c-AMP accumulation in a neuron
(C) A decrease in intracellular calcium in a neuron
(D) Interaction with a Gs protein in the neuron
(E) An increase in calcium channel phosphoryla-tion in the neuron
4. K-Opioid receptor activation is required to observe
(A) Respiratory depression
5. Which of the following statements about fentanyl patches is true?
(A) They produce no respiratory depression.
(B) They produce anesthesia and analgesia.
(C) They produce no constipation.
(D) They can be used during pregnancy.
(E) They cannot be used in nonambulatory patients.
Was this article helpful?
It's time for a change. Finally A Way to Get Pain Relief for Your Arthritis Without Possibly Risking Your Health in the Process. You may not be aware of this, but taking prescription drugs to get relief for your Arthritis Pain is not the only solution. There are alternative pain relief treatments available.