4. Jones MS, Pontzer JF, DelCurto B, Badgett CA, Sather MR. Integrating interactive voice response system and web based systems to support home international normalization ratio testing. Clin Trials 2005;2:S73.
5. Bumendtein BA, James KE, Lind BK, Herman EM. Functions and organization of coordinating centers for multicenter studies. Controlled Clin Trials 1995; 16:4S-29S.
6. Singh S, Singh B, Reda D, et al. [Abdellatif M]. Comparison of sotalol vs. amiodarone in maintaining stability of sinus rhythm in subjects with atrial Fibrillation (Sotalol-Amiodarone Atrial Fibrillation Effectiveness Trial [SAFE-T]). Am J Cardiol 2003;92:468-72.
7. Anderson S, Abdellatif M, Schreiner S, McDonell M, Reda D, Fihn S. Information system for a multi-hospital trial using optical scanning and hospital database downloads. Controlled Clin Trials 1995;16:3S:76S.
8. Abdellatif M, Reda D. A Paradox-based data collection and management system for a multi-center randomized clinical trials. Comput Methods Prog Biomed 2004;73:145-64.
9. Swanson K, Abdellatif M, Fye C, Reda D, Williams D, Harris C, Clegg D. Adverse event reporting and monitoring system for the Glucosamine/Chondroi-tin Arthritis Intervention Trial (GAIT). Clin Trials 2005;2:S49.
10. Chen J, Meloro L, Eng H, Wisniewski S. Using SAS to create and e-mail individualized reports in a multi-center randomized clinical trial. Clin Trials 2005;2: S64.
11. Terrin ML, Forman S, Fick S, Clarke E, Gross R, Gerstenblith G, et al. Facsimile copy (fax) transmission data entry direct from clinical sites in the CHF team study. Controlled Clin Trials 1999;20:2S-91S.
12. Thompson GS, Quan K, DuChene A. Case report form image management system for large multicenter clinical trials. Controlled Clin Trials 2001:P34.
15. Nixon DW, Zang EA, McShane P, Ferretti A, Ferguson L, Gardnet R. The South Carolina prostate cancer prevention and telehealth program. Controlled Clin Trials 2003:P31.
16. SAS/BASE is a registered trademark or trademark of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® Indicates USA registration.
17. Spink C. Electronic Data Capture (EDC) as a means for e-clinical trial success. IBM Global Services, Pharmaceutical Clinical Development 2002. http:// www8.ibm.com/services/pdf/IBM_Consulting_Pharmaceutical_clinical_ development.pdf
18. Green JA. The EDC value proposition to the pharmaceutical industry. A detailed comparison of EDC versus paper model costs for four different clinical research projects (Phase I-IIIb). Datatrak International, Inc., 2001.
19. Koop A, Mosges R. The use of handheld computers in clinical trials. Controlled Clin Trials 2002;23:469-80.
20. Wilson R, Fulmer T. Initial experiences with wireless, pen-based computing. Public Health Nurs 1998;15(3):225-32.
21. Karshmer JF, Karshmer AI. Hand-held computing in the patient care setting. A pilot project. The Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care 1995:7-11.
22. Clarke WL, Cox DJ, Gonder-Frederick LA, Julian D, Schlundt D, Polonsky W. The relationship between no routine use of insulin, food, and exercise and the occurrence of hypoglycemia in adults with IDDM and varying degrees of hypoglycemic awareness and metabolic control. Diabetes Educator 1997;23:55-8.
23. Cox TA. Clinical data collection using free software. Controlled Clin Trials 2004: P56.
24. Gatt R. Web-based dynamic forms packet generator using Acrobat and Java Script. Controlled Clin Trials 2004:P48.
25. Beiser JA, Hornbeck E, Morrison D, Gordon MO, Goldberg J. De-identification of shared datasets. Controlled Clin Trials 2004:P36.
26. Grover NB. Reporting laboratory results to clinical centers through the study website. Controlled Clin Trials 2004:P39.
27. Speas C, Rushing S, Backfield M. Web based data entry in a hormone replacement therapy clinical trial for a data coordinating center. Controlled Clin Trials 2000;20:2S-91S.
28. Winget M, Kincaid H, Lin P, Li L, Kelly S, Thornquist M. A web-based system for managing and coordinating multiple multisite studies. Clin Trials 2005; 2:42-9.
29. Schmidt JR, Vignati AJ, Pagash RM, Simmons VA, Evans RL. Web-based distributed data management in the Childhood Asthma Research (CARE) network. Clin Trials 2005;2:50-60.
30. Hyde AW, Amersham N. The changing face of electronic data capture: from remote data entry to direct data capture. Drug Inform J 1998;32:1089-1092:0092-8615/98.
31. Bratt G, Martinez C, Wilson R, Takahashi G, Kricos P, [Abdellatif M]. Long-term findings from the NIDCD/VA hearing aid clinical trial. Research platform presentation at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), 2004. http://search.asha.org/db/convention.html?col= conv&tb=Paper&trackingid =1437&charset=iso-8859-1
32. Kolova T, Younes N. "Fat-Client" web-enabled remote data management systems: an alternative to "Thin-Client" web data entry. Controlled Clin Trials 2004: P49.
33. FDA. Electronic Records; Electronic Signatures; Final Rule. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs. Part 11. Fed Reg 1997;62:13429-66.
38. Christopher EF, Daniel S. Open source versus proprietary software in clinical trial coordinating center operations. Clin Trials 2005;2:S77.
39. Duckworth WC, McCarren M, Abraira C. Glucose control and cardiovascular complications: the VA diabetes trial. Diabetes Care 2001;24(5):942-5.
40. Abdellatif A, Motyka D, Williams D, Reda D, Kucmeroski D, Fye C, Clegg D. A data collection and management system for clinical trials in osteoarthritis. Clin Trials 2005;2:S71.
41. Pogash RM, Haak T, Grella V, Zimmerman R, Doty L. Using the web for securely managing the asthma Clinical Research Network (ACRN) and the Childhood Asthma Research And Education (CARE) network. Controlled Clin Trials 2004;l.1.4:387-98(12).
42. SAS/MACRO is a registered trademark or trademark of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® Indicates USA registration.
43. Abdellatif M. A SAS macro for generating randomization lists in clinical trials using permuted blocks randomization. SUGI29 Proceeding 2004:147-29.
44. Assman SF, Bodnya A, Smith SS, Tighe F. An interactive voice response system for randomizing subjects. Controlled Clin Trials 1996;17:2:S68-S69.
45. Spence ER, Horney A. Automated telephone randomization system. Controlled Clin Trials 1999;20:2S:88S.
46. Anthony S, Reece S, Rushing S, Margiti S, Albright C. Challenges in implementing a telephone touch-tone randomization system in the primary care setting. Controlled Clin Trials 1997;18:3:S156-7.
47. Swanson A. Computerized bedside randomization in a randomized clinical trial. Controlled Clin Trials 2003;24:3S:166S.
48. Palmar M, Broekhoven M, Garrah A, Tu D. CTASSIST: a computer program for subjects randomization and tracking of drug distribution. Clin Trials 2000; 21:2S:110S.
49. Kiuchi T, Ohashi Y, Konishi M, Bandai Y, Kosuge T, Kakizoe T. A world wide web-based user interface for a data management system for use in multi-institutional clinical trials—development and experimental operation of an automated subjects registration and random allocation system. Controlled Clin Trials 1996;17:6:476-93.
50. Campbell K, Radcliffe C, Thomas RG, Grundman M, Thal L. Online subject randomization and drug ordering system using the web linked to central data base. Controlled Clin Trials 1999;20:2S:91S.
51. Gillespie HA, Moke P, Beck R, Lester LA. Lessons learned in using web-based randomization in the community-based amblyopia treatment study. Controlled Clin Trials 2001;22:2S-80S.
52. Abdellatif M, Thottapurathu L, Reda D, Moritz T. Using PROC Means to report data completeness rates of predefined dimensions and subdimensions of variables. SUGI Conference Proceedings 1996;1031-1-36.
53. Marshal G, Grover FL, Henderson WG, Hammermeister KE. Assessment of predictive models for binary outcomes: an empirical approach using operative death from cardiac surgery. Stat Med 1994;13:1501-11.
54. Peterson M, Byrom B, Dowlman N, Mcentegart D. Optimizing clinical trial supply requirements: simulation of computer-controlled supply chain management. Clin Trials 2004;1.4:99-412.
55. Dinnett EM, Mungall MMB, Kent JA, Ronald ES, Gaw A. Closing out a large clinical trial: lessons from the Prospective Study of Pravastatin in the Elderly at Risk (PROSPER). Clin Trials 2004;1.6:545-52.
56. Abdellatif M, Thakkar B, Motyka D. Constructing data retention CDs for the VA CSP #399 participating sites after trial completion. Hines VA Research Day 2003:P39.
57. Clinical Data Management: Envisioning the future. SCDM Spring Forum 2005.
Was this article helpful?
This report may be oh so welcome especially if theres no doctor in the house Take Charge of Your Arthritis Now in less than 5-Minutes the time it takes to make an appointment with your healthcare provider Could you use some help understanding arthritis Maybe a little gentle, bedside manner in your battle for joint pain relief would be great Well, even if you are not sure if arthritis is the issue with you or your friend or loved one.