1. LaDuc D. Physician seeks GOP nomination to face Mikulski. Washington Post March 24, 1998:A16.
2. Frist elected GOP Senate leader. Washington Times December 24, 2002:A1.
3. Greenberg D. Term limits the only way to clean up Congress. Available at: http://www.heritage.org/Research/GovernmentReform/BG994.cfm. Accessed January 13, 2003.
4. Ornstein NJ, Mann TE, Malbin MJ. Vital Statistics on Congress 1993-1994. Washington, DC: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research; 1994:118, tables 4-7.
5. Gloth FM III. Chilling effect or just a snow job? Available at (under "Commentary"): http://www.seniorhealthcare.org/Srhealth.nsf/pubPOLframelOpenPage. Accessed November 16, 2002.
6. Stein WM. Cancer pain in the elderly. In: Ferrell BR, Ferrell BA, eds. Pain in the Elderly. Seattle, WA: IASP Press; 1996:69-80.
7. Beers MH. Explicit criteria for determining potentially inappropriate medication use by the elderly. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:1531-1536.
8. Marcantonio ER, Juarez G, Goldman L, et al. The relationship of postoperative delirium with psychoactive medications. JAMA 1994;272:1518-1522.
9. Shorr RI, Griffin MR, Daugherty JR, Ray WA. Opioid analgesics and the risk of hip fracture in the elderly: codeine and propoxyphene. J Gerontol 1992;47:M111-M115.
10. US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Approves New Indication and Label Changes for Arthritis Drug, VIOXX. FDA Talk Paper. April 11, 2002. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/2002/ ANS01145.html. Accessed December 3, 2002.
11. The AGS Panel on Persistent Pain in Older Persons. The management of persistent pain in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2002;50 (6 Suppl):S205-S224.
12. Kaushik S. OxyCon job: the media-made OxyContin drug scare. Cleveland Free Times May 7, 2001: cover story.
Was this article helpful?