1. McCarthy JC, Busconi B. The role of hip arthroscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of hip disease. Orthopedics 1995;18:753-756.
3. McCarthy J, Wardell S, Mason J, Stamos V, Bono J. Injuries to the Acetabular Labrum: Classification, Outcome, and Relationship to Degenerative Arthritis, AAOS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, February, 1997.
4. Lavernia CJ, Sierra RJ. Core decompression in atraumatic osteonecrosis of the hip. J Arthroplasty 2000;15:171-178.
5. Steinberg ME. Early diagnosis, evaluation, and staging of osteonecrosis. Instr Course Lect 1994;43:513-518.
6. Steinberg ME, Hayken GD, Steinberg DR. A quantitative system for staging avascular necrosis. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 1995; 77:34-41.
7. Delcamp DD, Klaaren HE, Pompe van Meerdervoort HF. Traumatic avulsion of the ligamentum teres without dislocation of the hip. Two case reports. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1988;70: 933-935.
8. Ebraheim NA, Savolaine ER, Fenton PJ, Jackson WT. A calcified ligamentum teres mimicking entrapped intra-articular bony fragments in a patient with acetabular fracture. J Orthop Trauma 1991;5:376-378.
9. Barrett IR, Goldberg JA. Avulsion fracture of the ligamentum teres in a child. A case report. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1989;71: 438-439.
10. Gray AJ, Villar RN. The ligamentum teres of the hip: An arthroscopic classification of its pathology. Arthroscopy 1997;13: 575-578.
11. Salter RB. Etiology, pathogenesis and possible prevention of congenital dislocation of the hip. Can Med Assoc J 1968;98: 933-945.
12. McCarthy J, Marchetti M, Newberg A, Palmer W, Bono J. Improving Diagnostic Accuracy of Chondral Injuries: Correlation of Gadolinium MR Imaging with Arthroscopic Surgery, AAOS, New Orleans, 1997.
13. Chung WK, Slater GL, Bates EH. Treatment of septic arthritis of the hip by arthroscopic lavage. JPediatr Orthop 1993;13:444-446.
14. Epstein HC, Wiss DA, Cozen L. Posterior fracture dislocation of the hip with fractures of the femoral head. Clin Orthop 1985: 9-17.
15. Glick JM. Hip arthroscopy using the lateral approach. Instr Course Lect 1988;37:223-231.
16. Villar RN. Hip arthroscopy. Br J Hosp Med 1992;47:763-766.
This page intentionally left blank
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for deciding to learn more about the disorder, Osteoarthritis. Inside these pages, you will learn what it is, who is most at risk for developing it, what causes it, and some treatment plans to help those that do have it feel better. While there is no definitive “cure” for Osteoarthritis, there are ways in which individuals can improve their quality of life and change the discomfort level to one that can be tolerated on a daily basis.